1. There is no "one size fits all" approach to healing, that some tools and techniques work for some of us and not others.
2. Healing is not a one-time event but rather an ongoing process.
3. Profound healing often comes from small and subtle shifts in our perspective.
4. Creativity is the cornerstone of all healing.
5. You cannot wait for things to be "perfect" in order to feel calm.
6. There's always something to be grateful for.
7. Suffering is optional.
8. Every experience, every disappointment, every betrayal, every hurt prepares us, strengthens our voice, and brightens our light.
9. Greatness cannot emerge without preparation.
I'm intimately familiar with fear. It's crept up in every significant event and area in my life. From surviving a family torn apart by alcoholism, undiagnosed mental illness, abuse, neglect, and divorce. To surviving a near fatal and quite rare auto-immune disease. To getting married...and divorced. To being on welfare and near bankruptcy. To raising a child with Asperser's Syndrome on my own. To getting my graduate degree. To re-careering...TWICE. To starting my own business. To walking away from a prestigious career as a psychotherapist.
Since we often teach what we most need to learn, I set off on a quest to tame my own fear. I was tired of allowing fear to hold me captive.
As I studied about fear, got some kick ass support, and took a long, hard look at my own life, I realized some pretty awesome truths:
• Fear lets us know where the edges of our passion lie. If there's no fear behind it, it's not worth pursuing.
• Profound healing often comes from small and subtle shifts in our perspective rather than huge epiphanies (although those are nice too).
• Healing is not a one-time event but rather an ongoing process. HINT: It's always about the process, not the outcome.
• Fear accompanies change and when harnessed well can actually skyrocket you faster and farther than you ever dreamed possible.
• Creativity is the cornerstone of all healing.
• Change is so much easier with support...the RIGHT KIND of support that challenges you and stretches you inside-out and beyond your comfort zone.
• There is greatness in everyone. It's just waiting to be acknowledged and let out of its cage.
I'm an author, speaker, coach, and singer/songwriter. I'm also a former psychotherapist, which gives me an edge in understanding human behavior and motivation. I am highly intuitive and have a way of helping people navigate out of the stuckness that holds them back and propel them into life-changing, positive action.
My passion is helping people tame their fears and get out of their own damn way so they can embrace their greatness, in life and in business.
I believe we all have a calling, which typically emerges from intense personal challenges. As "The Fear Whisperer," I know what has held me back, and still holds me back sometimes. And there's a special place in my heart for those who, like me, have struggled with fear...because I know what it's like.
Are you ready to change your relationship with fear and let your greatness out to play? I would love the opportunity to help you get out of your own damn way!